Agency/Source Submission Deadline Additional Information

USDA ReConnect Rural Broadband Pilot Program

June 21
July 12
Rural e-Connectivity Pilot Program (ReConnect Program) loans and grants will be awarded to help build broadband infrastructure in rural America. USDA is making available up to $200 million in grants, $200 million in loan and grant combinations, and $200 million in low-interest loans. The application deadlines are: May 31, 2019, for grants; June 21, 2019, for loan/grant combinations; and July 12, 2019, for low-interest loans. Applicants can request technical assistance from USDA at The ReConnect Program enables USDA to create and implement innovative solutions to rural connectivity by providing various financial options to our partners and customers. For additional info., visit
Oct. 11
Grants for projects that focus on community organizing, issue advocacy, cultural revitalization, strengthening Indigenous knowledge systems and practices, and Native leadership development. The following grant programs will be offered in 2019: Thriving Women Program and Land Defenders and Water Protectors Program. Grants will range from $250 to $50,000. Visit here to learn more about each program & to download the application materials.
Tribal Resilience Grants and Ocean and Coastal Management Planning Grants June 10 The Program provides funding for tribal activities that support tribal resilience and/or and ocean and coastal management planning as tribes incorporate the science (including Traditional Knowledge) and technical information to prepare for extreme events and harmful environmental trends that impact tribal treaty and trust resources, economies, infrastructure, and human health and welfare. Two solicitations are available:

1. The solicitation for federally-recognized tribes is available on,named BIA-TR-2019-0001.

2. The solicitation for not-for-profit, non-governmental tribal organizations and associations, and tribally-controlled colleges & universities (TCUs), is available on, named BIA-TR-2019-0002.

Tribal applications will receive priority. Visit the BIA Tribal Resilience webpage for more application info and FAQs.

FY19 Community Facilities Technical Assistance & Training (TAT) June 17 FY 2019 Community Facilities Technical Assistance and Training (TAT) Grant funding opportunity. Informational webinar being held on Tuesday, April 30th at 2 PM EDT. The program’s website can be found at
Groundwork USA Funding & Technical Assistance July 31 Groundwork USA, in partnership with NPS and EPA, is accepting Letters of interest from communities wishing to begin the process of applying for Groundwork USA program funding and technical assistance and to join the Groundwork Network. For complete details including eligibility requirements, submission details, and evaluation criteria, download the Call for Letters of Interest. Letters of Interest must be received by July 31, 2019. A free informational webinar will be held June 4, 2019 to provide an overview of the application process with specific emphasis on the current phase of the process, a call for Letters of Interest. The selected community will be eligible for up to $200,000 in funding and technical assistance from the National Park Service, US Environmental Protection Agency, and Groundwork USA to plan, establish, and build the capacity of a Groundwork Trust organization in their community. For more info. visit .
HUD IHBG Competitive Grant Aug. 8 Grant program for Indian tribes and tribally-designated housing entities (TDHEs) to carry out a range of affordable housing activities incl. to develop, maintain, and operate affordable housing in safe and healthy environments on Indian reservations and in other Indian areas. Grant funds must be used to primarily benefit low-income Indian families. Click here for more information.
FY 2019 Land Buy-Back Program for Tribal Nations Sept. 30 U.S. Dept. of Interior’s program to implement the land consolidation provisions of the Cobell Settlement Agreement, which provided $1.9 billion to consolidate fractional land interests across Indian country. The Buy-Back Program allows interested individual owners to sell their land for immediate transfer to the recognized tribe that exercises jurisdiction. More info. at:
Rural Broadband Loans & Loan Guarantees (USDA) Open Broadband Program furnishes loans and loan guarantees to provide funds for the costs of construction, improvement, or acquisition of facilities and equipment needed to provide service at the broadband lending speed in eligible rural areas. For more info. on other programs administered by Rural Utility Service (RUS) Telecommunications visit:
Indian Loan Guaranty, Insurance, and Interest Subsidy Program (DOI) Open This program assists in obtaining financing from private sources to promote business development initiatives that contribute to the economy of the reservation or service area. Qualifications for this program:

· An individually enrolled member of a Federally recognized American Indian tribe or Alaska Native group

· Corporation with no less than 51% ownership by Federally recognized American Indians or Alaska Natives

· A Federally recognized American Indian Tribe or Alaska Native group.

For more information, call 202-219-0740 or visit

Direct Home Loans for Native Americans Open (Managing Agency Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA)) – The NADL program makes home loans available to eligible Native American Veterans who wish to purchase, construct, or improve a home on Federal Trust land or to reduce the interest rate. Veterans who are not Native American, but who are married to a Native American non-Veteran, may be eligible for a direct loan under this program. For more info., visit the NADL program website. General Program Requirements: 1. The applicant must be an eligible Veteran. 2. The tribal organization or other appropriate Native American group must be participating in the VA direct loan program. The tribal organization must have signed a MOU with the Secretary of Veterans Affairs, that spells out the conditions under which the program will operate on its trust lands. 3. Apply for a Certificate of Eligibility. 4. The loan must be to purchase, construct, or improve a home on Native American trust land. 5. The Veteran must occupy the property as his or her primary residence. 6. The Veteran must be a satisfactory credit risk.
Community Facilities Fund (LISC) Ongoing RURAL LISC (Local Initiatives Support Corporation) created the Community Facilities Fund to provide capital to help develop and improve essential community facilities in rural areas. Rural LISC utilizes this fund to provide permanent and construction-to-permanent financing for rural community facilities, including health care centers, hospitals, educational facilities, and other nonprofit and public facilities in rural communities with populations under 20,000. Click here for more information.
Indian Land Tenure Foundation – Land Recovery Efforts Open The Foundation provides funding to Indian nations to support various aspects of land recovery with a focus on reacquiring alienated federal lands. Returning lands to Indian ownership and control is important to ensure that Indian people have access to the financial and natural resources within their own reservations. The Foundation supports a variety of initiatives to assist tribes in the development of plans to reacquire reservation lands. More info. at:
Environmental Infrastructure Loan Program (RCAC) Open Loan Program helps create, improve or expand the supply of safe drinking water, waste disposal systems & other facilities serving rural communities by providing the early funds small rural communities need to determine feasibility and pay pre-development costs prior to receiving state &/or federal program funding. May also provide interim construction financing, & intermediate/long-term loans for system improvements. Nonprofit organizations, public agencies & tribal governments are eligible. Projects must be located in rural areas with populations of 50,000 or less in AK, AZ, CA, CO, HI, ID, MT, NV, NM, OR, UT, WA and WY. Community size is limited to 10,000 for long-term USDA guaranteed loans & short-term loans for which USDA is the long-term lender. Eligible projects incl. water, wastewater, solid waste & storm water facilities. Contact Juanita Hallstrom, or visit
Emergency Community Water Assistance Grants (USDA-RD) Open Program helps eligible rural communities recover from or prepare for emergencies that result in a decline in capacity to provide safe, reliable drinking water for households & businesses. Federally recognized Tribal lands and Colonias are eligible; Privately owned wells are not eligible.•Up to $150K for repairs to breaks/leaks in existing water distribution lines, & related maintenance. • Up to $500K for construction of a new water source, intake &/or treatment facility or waterline extensions.
USDA WATER & WASTE DISPOSAL LOANS & GRANTS Open USDA’s Water and Waste Disposal Loan and Grant Program provides loans and grants for clean and reliable drinking water systems, sanitary sewage disposal, sanitary solid waste disposal, and storm water drainage to households and businesses in rural areas with a population of 10,000 or less. In some cases, funding may also be available for related activities such as legal and engineering fees, land acquisition, water and land rights, permits and equipment and other activities necessary to complete a project. Eligible Applicants: state and local governmental entities, private non-profits, and federally-recognized tribes who are unable to obtain commercial credit. How to Apply: apply now by using the online application tool RD Apply